Monday, March 31, 2008

Camping


Macey chillin in Grandma's trailer


Matthew and his beloved Diego bike

This was Macey and Matthew's first camping trip. We joined Grandma, Becca, Hannah and Andrew over at Roker Lake State Park (near Safford AZ). Scott didn't come with us because he had to work (and because he hates camping). Even with out Scotty we had a good time. I think that Matthew was made for camping. He got to stay outside as much as he wanted, ride his bike all day, drink all the soda he could drink (thanks to Becca!), and eat tons of snacks. Michael and Macey had fun too.


I took Hannah and Michael fishing a couple of times. I didn't fish because I'm too cheap to buy a licence. But it was fun teaching Michael how, and helping Hannah out. After a couple of lousy outings I started asking around for where we could fish. The second day we went out to another lake, and the ranger there showed us a good spot. About 10 minutes later Hannah had caught her first fish. Then Michael got a bite, and he reeled in his fish all by him self. I was pretty proud of him. While I was trying to get Michael's fish off the hook, Hannah caught her second fish. That was a pretty tricky time for me, because while Hannah enjoys the act of fishing, she doesn't want to have anything to do with the actual fish. So she reeled her fish in, but then wouldn't touch it, and I had to come over and get her fish too. When we got back to camp I started cleaning, and cutting up the fish, and Matthew thought that was pretty neat, and sat and watched me the whole time I did it.




Michael caught the biggest fish that day. I told him to hold up his fish so I could take a picture... I guess he didn't know I meant by the line. It was funny... he just grabbed the fish.


This is our cousin Hannah, she sure is a good fisher, and she did a good job of helping out with all the kids on the camp out, especially keeping Macey company. Thanks Hannah!


Matthew watching Mommy work.


The top two fish are Hannah's, Michael's is the bottom one.


Here's Michael and cousin Andrew with the dogs Roxy and Socks (I think those are their names, but don't ask me which one is which).


Grandma sure cooked some wonderful breakfasts.... we just won't talk about the dinners. :)


This might have been how Becca spend the whole camping trip.


Oh wait... Becca did make it outside with out her cell phone... or did she just put it down while she took this picture?


Thanks for inviting us Grandma... we had a great time!

8 comments:

Angie said...

Loved looking at all the fun camping pictures. Way to go Michael! You caught such a big fish! You're going to have to teach your daddy. :)
I'm impressed Sara that you took care of the fish. You're definitely a wilderness woman! Macey is such a cutie always smiling. Scott definitely missed out! Love ya guys!

Alyssa said...

LOVE all the new pics and info--I love to hear about all the kids personalities! Way to go on cuttin' up the fish--bet Scott couldn't do that :) I wish I could come out for Meg's wedding and see you guys!

The Carpenter Family said...

Looks like fun! Camping breakfasts are the best!

Amber said...

oh I am jealous of your camping trip-I was looking at places to go camping today online. Looks like you guys had fun :-)

Miller Family said...

How fun! Nick keeps begging me to go camping...it's just hard because I always work on the weekends. I love your pictures! Glad the kids were finally able to catch some fish. The picture of Michael holding the worm is so cute! Glad you guys had fun!

The Taylors said...

Hi Sara Montross! I got your comment and I linked your blog so I can peek in on you occasionally. Hope that's okay! It looks like you're doing well - your kids are so cute! Are you still living in Casa Grande? Erin lives in Maricopa - we should all get together sometime and catch up. It's so good hearing from you - keep in touch!

Katie said...

What fun! Sara's fish cooking skills could finally be displayed. Hooray! Nice job, Hannah and Michael!

Charlie said...

Micheal you were aweseome. that fish you caught was a whopper and ive never seen i fish that big in my life.