Friday, July 25, 2008

Latest Projects


I really enjoy making little things for my kids, and doing small projects, mostly sewing projects, but I've tackled some other things before. So, my latest projects were towel hoodies for Matthew, and Macey. Scott thought they were being left out, since I had made one for Michael, and never made any for them. To be fair, I think I made Michael's before the other two were even born... but I guess I was still a little behind. I also made "I Spy" bags for the kids to play with at church. These were really fun to do, because I got to fill them with all kinds of fun little toys. If any of you know Michael, then you know that he loves to play with these little tiny toys, and that he's constantly losing them. Well I got to take all of them and put them in one place... now they'll never be lost again. Which makes us both pretty happy. And the boys enjoyed "helping" to pick what would go in there bags. I had to take over after a while though, because Michael thought that most everything should be in his bag. Now... I need some help from all you crafty people out there. I was recently called to be the Enrichment Leader in our ward. At our next meeting we're doing some supplemental crafts to kind of go along with our theme. We need one that will only cost around a dollar to make. We're looking for something that will either bring reverence into your home, or provide something for your kids to do at church that will keep them reverent. Any ideas???? I really need help!

6 comments:

Angie said...

How funny I made those same "spy bags" in Enrichment a couple of months ago. I like your hooded towels. Do you have a pattern for those?

An idea...if you haven't heard already there's the "quiet books." To make it cheaper you can just Xerox copies of pictures and then write a little story for each picture from the scriptures.

If I have any more I'll let you know.

Alyssa said...

Man, I miss our sewing days!! I want to make I Spy bags and hooded towels for my kids too. But, I suppose I'll have to have some kids first ;)

I've got a few ideas for you for your enrichment meeting. But I don't want to write a book on your blog comments (I think I'd discover a word limit). I'll send an email to the 2 email addresses I have for Scott (the gmail and the scottnsara ones).

Miller Family said...

Very cute Martha! ;) Ha. Seriously though...you are very creative and crafty. Your towels are super cute and I love the I spy bags. A great way to entertain during sacrament meeting. I will be thinking of cheap ideas...

Emily Ruth said...

Hmmm...I'll keep my eyes peeled for cute craft ideas.
On another note, I got your message from last week. Sorry I didn't get back to ya. We just moved and then Morris got sick so we've been out of commission--so I'm sorry I missed you on your trek to the valley. I'll have to catch you next time:)

The Carpenter Family said...

How cute! Love the towels! You could make a sunday quit book on a little ring...like the size if the seminary scriptures and had some pictures...ie, missionaries, a kid praying, tithing, temple etc and they can use scrap bbok paper and slide them into mini protectors. we did one and Brooklynn loves it. I can send you a picture if you want.

The Taylors said...

Umm, I don't have any craft ideas, but I'm impressed by your craft skills! I want an I-Spy baggie! You gotta show me how to make one! It was great to see you last week (or was it the week before?) Call me when your in the valley again - we gotta hang!